Tuesday 3 January 2017

Winter in the Cherwell valley

We had some fabulous frost last week, and I managed to slip down to the river and canal for about half an hour. Saw another togger at work (Hi Jo, if you find your way here) and we spent time talking technique & kit. And taking pictures.

Initially the sun was only just coming over the houses by the canal, leaving the sky very bright and slightly hazy, and casting long shadows.


I then walked down a little further to the river, where I encountered Jo, and took a couple more shots across the meadow toward Lock Cottage and the railway line. The light was changing as I walked, getting bluer and clearer as the sun rose higher.

Walking back, I'd wanted to go a bit wider than the 80-200 zoom would allow, so popped on an old 28mm f3.5 Nikkor that let me get 'into' the landscape a little more.

And then finally back over the bridge to head home.

All shot using Nikon D610, ISO 400, manual 80-200 f4.5 lens and manual 28mm f3.5 lens.

My Flickr stream.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated: please wait a little while for your comment to appear.